Cleaning the floor
- Attach the floor tool and lock it in place at the bottom of the extension handle.
- Notice the bottom of the tool consists of bristles and a squeegee. To scrub the floor, use the steam only and angle the head so that you are scrubbing with bristles and not the squeegee. Scrub about one square meter. Switch off the steam and switch on the vacuum and use the squeegee to suck up all the moisture.
To clean the grout (floor and walls)
- Use the nylon brush.
- Gently rub brush along the grout and watch the dirt pour out. The dirt here is a build up of years of cleaning with a mop.
- It may be a huge task to clean the grout on a large floor area, so we suggest not spending too long on a section at a time. After a week or two you can cover a large area and it should not require cleaning again for some time.
Stainless and laminate bench tops can be cleaned using several different methods.
- Spray and wipe method. Hold detail nozzle about 10-20 cm from surface. Direct steam onto surface and wipe with cloth. Use detail nozzle in cracks and seams.
- Use the small squeegee tool. Apply steam and squeegee along the bench top systematically working your way along the surface. Steam a small section the go over again with the vacuum on.
- Wear your safety gloves.
- Use the detail nozzle. The detail nozzle is what the small nylon and brass brushes attach to.
- Hold a rag or tea towel in your left hand about 25 cm away from the nozzle (or opposite if you’re left handed). Spray the steam along the fridge seal and blast the steam into the towel. The purpose of the towel is to avoid blasting the dirt all over the room and yourself.
- Wear your safety goggles.
- Cover the 300mm floor tool with the steam mop or an absorbent towel such as a cloth nappy.
- Hold the head on the range hood, allow the heat to build up for 5 to 10 seconds then slowly drag it along the area to be cleaned. If the area is heavily soiled you may need to change mop head or towel when it gets very dirty.
- To remove baked-on grease: No need to pre-heat the oven or grill. In fact, it works better if the surfaces are cool.
- To clean stoves ovens and hotplates of baked on food take the large nylon brush and fit to the detail nozzle. Fit a stainless steel pot scourer to the round brush. The scourer will become heated by the steam and will cut through baked on food from grillers, oven door glass and stainless steel surfaces. When complete make sure that no pieces of the scourer remain to contaminate food preparation areas. For smaller areas the detail nozzle can be fitted with the small stainless detail brush for use in more confined areas. The longer detail lance comes with it’s own detail brushes and may also be used to reach tight areas.
- For even faster results you can spray with a light misting of degreaser 3-4 minutes before cleaning or with 3000D model use the detergent injection as you scrub.
- Clean up with towels or vac as you go before the cleaned area dries.