If they have a lot of accumulated “crud” on the surfaces, pre-spray the blinds with mild detergent that you have thinned out 3:1 with water. Use nozzle with no brush. Use open vapor -medium or high pressure – to blow loose dirt and dust off surface of horizontal slats.
- Switch to triangular brush with towel.
- Close the blinds with top of slats facing you. – low pressure – brush side-to-side from the top down.
- Close the blinds from the opposite direction and clean with a side-to-side movement from the bottom up.
- Without opening the blind, remove it from its bracket and turn it so it now faces the wrong direction; put it back in its bracket and clean from the top down again. (This ensures that you have covered 100% of the slat surfaces).
Tip: For blinds, which have lots of mildew, spray the slats with a detergent that contains bleach before you begin. Allow five minutes before you start cleaning the blind.
- Triangular brush with towel (low pressure)
- Open the blinds. Begin at the top of each slat.
- Hold a towel in your opposite hand against the back side of the slat and move smoothly downward with the triangular brush on the front side.
- Switch hands and repeat on the opposite side of the slat.
Caution: Too much heat can damage Vinyl blinds. Consider replacing rather that cleaning them.